Updated: Aug 2
The telescope is the third eye for those who love stargazing. And for those who want to become an amateur astronomer. Technology has advanced so much that telescopes are not unreachable pieces of luxury anymore. Moreover, the world now offers such a wide range of these fantastic instruments that one can always find the best match if they search good enough.
If you are looking for the most efficient way of buying a new telescope, you do not need to look further. In this article, I present you with many telescopes that will guide you to narrow your options find the telescope within your budget, which includes all the essential features.
''Where there is an observatory and a telescope, we expect that any eyes will see new worlds at once.'' - Henry David Thoreau
Even if you are already planning on investing in a new telescope or just daydreaming about observing the night sky sometime in the future, firstly, you need to figure out all your demands. Ask some questions to yourself, such are what exactly do you want to see or how dark is your sky? Experienced observers need something more advanced and complex, while the amateur ones maybe might prefer a simpler technology to start with. Buying a telescope is a serious investment. Prices sometimes reach the sky, but this should not hold you back from wanting to experience something as magnificent as seeing the details of the night that the naked eye would not even imagine.
Most telescopes today include different accessories, such as tripods and eyepieces. It would help to consider how complex the telescope's construction is, as setting them up might take some serious effort and a lot of time. If you are still just starting your journey of exploring the stars, the moon, and the craters, maybe the best option for today would be a pair of binoculars.
This way, you can transport your tool easily and look at the night sky with a clearer view. No matter how advanced your telescope is, it is better to choose the one which you can carry outside because from there you always have a better view than from inside of the room. Also, if you are looking to record some footage, you should look out for the telescopes where your stills or video camera can be attached.
The Best Telescopes Under $300 If your price ceiling for the telescope is $300, here is the list of the top three rated telescopes within that price range.
1. Celestron 114AZ-SR. This model is already quite affordable; it usually costs around $200. However, they are discounted right now, and you can purchase this beginner-friendly telescope for only $80. It is an easy-to-use alt-azimuth mount and has a compact light design.
2. Celestron StarSense Explorer DX 130AZ. This light-gathering aperture makes it ideal for observing a selection of galaxies, nebulas, planets, and star clusters. StarSense App is one of the best features that a beginner observer can use. Through the help of the application and this Celestron telescope, you can guide through the night sky and learn more about observing it. The telescope is fully equipped, with everything a skywatcher needs for a successful night beneath the stars, although it could use some high-powered eyepieces to provide more detailed views of the planets. This equipment can be used for basic astrophotography.
3. Orion 10022 StarMax 90mm TableTop Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope is the priciest of all three. However, we can easily say that it is worth paying $300 for this fantastic piece. It is compact to use and provides sharp solar system views. You can quickly start stargazing from anywhere you would like without worrying about setting it up. High-Tech Telescopes For More Advanced Observers We have already talked about easy construction and price-efficient telescopes. However, as you mature as an observer, your telescope needs to improve with you.
Below is a list of a couple of high-tech telescopes that would not cost you a fortune. However, they will give you all the essential and satisfying results that you are looking for.
1. Celestron 22203 Astrofi 130 Wireless. This telescope is a true expression of how far technology has progressed in 2022. This telescope is Wi-Fi enabled and does not cost too much. It works with Celestron's free SkyPortal app, making it easy to find the mysteries of the night sky. It is equipped with a 130mm lens and 1.25 inc eyepieces. With this telescope, you can have a broad field view.
2. Celestron Nexstar 8SE. This telescope is a pricey one, and only advanced observers are advised to use it. The NexStar 8SE is one of Celestron's high-end computerized devices. It can automatically find more than 40,000 celestial objects with the touch of a few buttons. A sizeable 8-inch aperture and good light-gathering ability mean you'll get a clear view of many deep space objects. Also, it is not hard to set up this telescope and use it as a portable one.
3. Orion AstroView 90 Refractor is one of the best for observing planets and does not cost much. Orion describes the AstroView 90 as a "planetary power-performer," and for the price and aperture, this refractor passes muster. Supplied with accessories, a simple equatorial mount, and a tripod, the instrument has everything you need for good night sky views. Images of Jupiter with its belts and moons, Saturn and its rings and, with the suitable eyepieces, even the tiny blue-turquoise disks of faraway Uranus and Neptune all snap into clear view.
How exciting is this?! Overall, there are hundreds more telescopes you can find online; however, before buying one, you need to pay special attention to a couple of aspects of the telescope. For example, Aperture is the diameter of the primary mirror or lens that collects light in a telescope. Also, pay attention to the tube length, known as the focal length. Short focal lengths provide a large field of view while maintaining a compact image size.
The focal ratio, also known as the speed of the telescope, is also an important thing to consider. Low magnifications, a large field of view, and a brighter image are all advantages of small focal ratios.
After learning all the essentials of telescopes, you can find the best match. There is the best telescope for everyone who is searching for it. Just be patient with the process and enjoy the results.