What you'll learn in this course:
The course is focused on materials, manufacturing, and design in the aerospace and space industries. It is suitable for anyone interested in aerospace materials. The course consists of 6 chapters and quiz tests for revision of the knowledge. It is based on author’s experience in aerospace, scientific papers and books.
The material presented covered topics like:
- Functional materials: shape-memory materials, self-cleaning materials.
- Composite materials: materials selection, manufacturing techniques, bio-composites.
- Case studies of existing vehicles: rockets, passenger jets, spaceships.
- Off-Earth manufacturing: 3D printing technologies in space, utilization of off-Earth resources.
- Tutorials of software useful in engineering: design software, simulation software, rapid prototyping.
After course completion, you will have better understanding of challenges, possibilities and science behind space missions, passenger jets operation and future moon habitats.